4 nos ikan gelama (cleaned)
1 tbsp chilli paste
1 big onion (peeled and cut into ring)
Adequate cooking oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp salt
4 shallots (peeled)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
½-inch young ginger
Seasonings: (mixed well)
1 tbsp kicap manis
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
3 tbsp water
Some sliced red & green chillies
- Marinate the ikan gelama with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for pan-frying in a non-stick skillet. Pan-fry the marinated ikan gelama until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the blended ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in chilli paste, saute until oil separates.
- Add in onion ring and seasonings. Bring to a boil and simmer until the onion ring turn soft and sauce become thicken.
- Add in the pan-fried ikan gelama. Toss to coat.
- Dish out, garnish with some red & green chillies. Serve.