½ cup mashed banana
1 large egg (beaten)
¾ cup full cream milk
¼ cup canola oil
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
Some banana slices
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all-purpose flour, granulated white sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add in mashed banana, beaten egg, full cream milk, canola oil and pure vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a pre-greased and lined 9 ½ x 4 ½-inch loaf pan.
- Arrange banana slices on top.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.