3 pcs flatfish cutlet (338g)
1 tbsp fermented soybean
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp chopped garlic
3 shallots (peeled and sliced)
1 red chilli (sliced)
1-inch young ginger (shredded)
½ cup water
Adequate cooking oil
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp cornflour
½ tsp sugar
1 stalk Chinese celery (sectioned)
- Marinate the flatfish cutlet with salt and cornflour. Set aside.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fried the marinated fish until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet, saute the fermented soybean, oyster sauce, chopped garlic, sliced shallot, red chilli and shredded young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in water and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add in fried fish, bring to a boil again.
- Dish out, garnish with Chinese celery. Serve.