Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Choong Su Yin’s Scrumptious Rice & Porridge
8 pieces shallots (peeled, washed, sliced and deep-fried until golden brown)
300g pork tenderloin (washed and sliced)
2 tbsp shallot oil
30g palm sugar (chopped)
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 nos eggs
2 tsp corn flour (mix with 2 tsp water)
2 tbsp dried shrimps
1 pair Chinese sausage
5 pieces shallots (peeled, washed and sliced)
Adequate pineapple (washed and cut to small pieces)
2 pieces lime (washed and cut into wedges)
8g belacan (mix with 3 tsp water)
1kg cooked rice
5 pieces red bird’s eye chillies (washed and chopped)
1 stalk Chinese celery (washed and chopped)
1 tbsp shallot oil
- Sweet Pork: Heat up 2 tbsp shallot oil, add pork slices and stir-fry for a while, then pour in seasonings and cook over low heat until slightly dry. Add deep-fried onion, mix evenly. Dish out.
- Blend eggs with corn flour solution, and then fry it to form a sheet. Shredded, dish out and set aside.
- Wash and soak dried shrimps in water for 15 minutes, drain. Heat oil in wok, fry dried shrimps till fragrant, dish out and set aside.
- Rinse Chinese sausage with hot water, drain and cut slices at slant. Heat little oil in wok, add sausage and stir-fry till fragrant, dish out and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok, saute belacan paste over low heat till fragrant, pour in rice and stir-fry with high heat until rice is hot, add fried dried shrimps, red bird’s eye chillies and Chinese celery, fry until fragrant, pour in 1 tbsp shallot onion oil and stir evenly.
- To serve: Put adequate fried rice into a rice bowl, press it lightly. Invert the rice onto a serving platter. Top with sweet pork, arrange shredded eggs, Chinese sausage, shallot slices, pineapple and lime wedges around the rice. Serve.