Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Choong Su Yin’s Scrumptious Rice & Porridge
3 cups cooked rice
10 pcs prawns
5 stalks asparagus (trimmed and diced)
3cm young ginger (peeled, drained and chopped)
4 pieces egg whites (add a dash of salt and whisked evenly)
1 stalk spring onion (rinsed, drained and chopped)
1 tbsp wolfberries (washed and drained)
5 pieces dried scallops
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
A dash of ground white pepper
A dash of sesame oil
- Peel prawns, scrub with salt, then rinse and drain. Mix well with some sugar and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Soak dried scallops in water until soft or overnight. Tear into strips and fry till crispy. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, add prawns and fry for a while, add asparagus, a dash of salt and light soy sauce, fry prawns till cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok again, saute chopped ginger till aromatic, pour in rice and fry till hot. Add salt and sugar (from seasonings) and fry until fragrant.
- Sprinkle egg whites evenly on the rice, add a pinch of ground white pepper and stir well. Blend egg whites with rice gently, fry egg whites until almost cooked.
- Add chopped spring onion, wolfberries, fried prawns, asparagus, fried scallops and stir evenly, finally stir in a dash of sesame oil and stir well. Serve.