Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Amy Wong’s Versatile Vegetarian
270g eggplant (cut into strips)
2 pieces mushroom (soaked and shredded)
1 red chilli (shredded)
25g Chinese celery (plucked off leaves and cut into sections)
250g soy bean sprout (removed root)
10g shredded young ginger
½ tbsp minced young ginger
1 tbsp bean paste
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, stir-fry shredded ginger till fragrant.
- Add in soy bean sprout and stir-fry till fragrant. Add in seasonings C and stir well. Cover with lid and continue braising for 5 minutes till fully cooked. Remove and arrange them in the middle of serving plate.
- Deep-fry eggplant in hot oil. Remove and rinse off the greasiness. Drain well.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, stir-fry seasonings A till fragrant. Add in mushroom, red chilli and eggplant, and stir-fry evenly.
- Add in seasonings B and stir well. Add in Chinese celery and stir-fry evenly.
- Remove and place them onto soy bean sprout.