100g molasses sugar
211g mashed banana
75g walnut (toasted and roughly chopped)
75g unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
155g all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk (beaten)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, add in molasses sugar, chopped walnut, all-purpose flour, salt, ground cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add in beaten eggs, mashed banana, melted unsalted butter and pure vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dried ingredients and use a rubber spatula to stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a pre-greased and lined loaf pan.
- Bake at 180C for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on wire rack.