246g boneless and skinless chicken breast (cut into cube)
100g walnut halves
1 Fuji apple (seeded and cut into cube and soak in salt water)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Adequate cooking oil
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sake
1 tsp sugar
- Marinate the chicken pieces with corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a non-stick skillet. Saute the walnut halves on low heat until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining cooking oil to pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces and seasonings. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer until the chicken pieces absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in apple and walnut. Toss well.
- Dish out and serve.