Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Choong Su Yin’s Scrumptious Rice & Porridge
Adequate cooked rice
300g minced pork belly
10g Chinese mushroo
3 cups water
½ tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 piece star anise
1/8 tsp salt
½ piece carrot (peeled and sliced into 2mm slices)
½ piece radish (peeled and sliced into 2 mm slices)
½ piece cucumber (peeled, seeded and slice into 2mm slices)
- Preserved Vegetables:
- Boil sugar, vinegar and salt together until sugar dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Place carrot, radish and cucumber into cold sweet and sour syrup, marinate for overnight.
- Soak mushroom in water till soft, remove stem and wash, squeeze away excess water, cut into dice. Mix with a dash of sugar and starch, marinate for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice shallots, mix well with some starch and deep-fry until golden brown. Peel and chop garlic, stir-fry until golden brown, set aside.
- Heat up some oil in wok, add minced meat and stir-fry until minced meat spread out and almost turn white.
- Add mushroom, 3 cups of water, seasonings, fried shallots and fried garlic, cook over high heat till it boil, reduce to low heat, continue to cook until sauce become thickens.
- To serve: place the hot rice in a bowl, invert on a serving platter. Top with adequate amount of braised minced pork and serve with preserved vegetables.