Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Choong Su Yin’s Scrumptious Rice & Porridge
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
300g glutinous rice (washed, soaked for 3 hours, drained)
1 pc dried lotus leaf (scalded till soft, rinsed and dried)
2 pieces straw / cattail leaf (scalded till soft, rinsed and dried)
30g shallots (peeled, cut thinly)
10g dried prawns (soaked in water for 10 minutes, washed and drained)
1 pair Chinese sausage (washed and diced)
15g Chinese mushroom
50g black eye beans
2 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp dark soy sauce
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Soak mushroom in water till soft, remove stem, wash and squeeze away excess water, dice.
- Wash black eye beans and soak in water for 4 hours, drain. Boil with low heat until soft and not burst. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in wok, saute shallots until golden brown. Dish out, drain and set aside.
- Add dried prawns, fry till fragrant, and then add Chinese sausage, Chinese mushroom and black eye beans, fry until fragrant. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok again, saute garlic, add glutinous rice and fry a moment, and then add seasonings, fry until aromatic. Finally, sprinkle 260ml water gradually and stir constantly over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all cooked ingredients B and stir fry evenly. Turn off flame. Wrap it with lotus leaf and tie with straw.
- Steam over high heat for 40 minutes. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve hot.