750g chicken wings (discard the tip and chop into half)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 dried chilli (cut into pieces and seeded)
50g toasted peanuts
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
½ tsp grated ginger
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup potato starch
2 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp molasses sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
½ tsp mustard
- Wash and rinse the chicken wings. Pat-dry with paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken wings with marinade and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Coat the marinated chicken wings with potato starch evenly and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the coated chicken wings until lightly brown. Remove and drained.
- Double-fry the chicken wings again until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil, saute chopped garlic and dried chilli until fragrant.
- Add in sauce ingredients, stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add in fried chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Add in toasted peanuts, toss well.
- Dish out and serve.