1 pkt x 60g bak kut teh spices (consists of angelica pepper, aralia cordata, sinensis, cinnamon, paurantii, star anise & cigusticum)
4 x 60g hock chew mee sua
850g pork ribs (rinse a few times and drained)
4 cloves garlic (flattened)
1 tbsp wolfberry (rinsed and drained)
2 pkts x 100g enoki mushroom (discard the bottom)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
Some cilantro leaves
- Add 1500ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in bak kut teh spices, garlic and pork ribs and bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Season with oyster sauce, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in hock chew mee sua and continue to cook until al-dente. Remove, drained and transfer into four separate serving bowl.
- Add in wolfberry and enoki mushroom to the soup and bring to a boil again.
- Divide the soup together with the ingredients equally to four separate serving bowl with mee sua.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve.