200g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
170g caster sugar
3 large eggs
1 tbsp sweetened condensed full cream milk
50ml full cream milk
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
200g cake flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
- Use an electric mixer to beat the unsalted butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add in sweetened condensed full cream milk, full cream milk and pure vanilla extract. Beat till combine.
- Sift in the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-greased and lined 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Smoothen the top.
- Bake at 180C for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before slicing.