Tested Recipe Adapted from Patricia Lee’s Delicious Nyonya Kueh & Desserts
A loaf of sandwich bread
100g minced chicken
1 big onion
1 stem celery
50g green peas
2 tbsp L&P sauce
1 tsp ground white pepper
¼ tsp salt
- Wash and boil the potatoes in water till tender. Mash them.
- Chop the big onion and celery.
- Preheat pan with a little of butter. Stir-fry the chopped onions and celery together with the minced chicken. Then add L&P sauce, salt and pepper. Mix the stir-fried ingredients with the mashed potatoes and green peas.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Spread butter on sandwich bread and tip with the potato filling. Brush an egg wash on the bread.
- Put the bread in the oven and bake for 15 minutes till golden brown.