120g bitter melon (seeded and sliced)
½ tsp salt
140g bean sprouts (cleaned)
30g carrot (shredded)
70g tuna flakes in oil
2 large eggs
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp sake
1 tsp kikkoman soy sauce
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
3g bonito flakes
- Rub the sliced bitter melon with ½ tsp of salt and set aside for 5 minutes. Rinse the bitter melon and drained.
- Beat the eggs together with salt and ground white pepper. Set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in somen, continue to cook until al-dente. Remove, rinse with cold water and drained. Toss with 1 tbsp of cooking oil and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in bitter melon and carrot, saute until cooked.
- Add in bean sprouts and tuna flakes. Lightly saute and push the vegetables aside.
- Add in beaten eggs, once is half-cooked, stir-fry evenly with the vegetables.
- Add in somen and seasonings. Toss well.
- Dish out to a serving bowl. Garnish with coarsely ground black pepper and bonito flakes. Serve.