2 chicken whole legs (540g) (cut into pieces)
2 lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
6 shallots (peeled and sliced)
1 pandan leaf (cut into pieces)
4 kaffir lime leaves (cut into pieces)
1 cup water
1 tomato (cut into wedges)
1 lime (juiced)
2 tbsp cooking oil
6 red chillies
5 bird’s eye chillies
3 cloves garlic (peeled)
2cm young ginger
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
Some kaffir lime leaves
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in chicken pieces, saute until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the sliced shallots, lemongrass, pandan leaf and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant and shallots turn brown.
- Add in blended ingredients, saute until fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces, stir to combine.
- Add in water and tomato wedges. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer with lid until the sauce become thicken. Stirring occasionally.
- Season with sugar and salt.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with kaffir lime leaves. Serve.