75g whole & skinless hazelnut (toasted and coarsely chopped)
60g cooking chocolate (coarsely chopped)
105g light brown sugar
115g all-purpose flour + more for dusting
15g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add coarsely chopped cooking chocolate and light brown sugar into a processor, process until the chocolate is very fine.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add in eggs and pure vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the chocolate and light brown sugar mixture, whisk to combine.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Add in chopped hazelnut and mix to combine.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into a 10 inch long x 2 inch wide log.
- Transfer the log onto a lined baking sheet and bake at 180C for 40 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice it into ¾ inch diagonal slices, arrange the slices cut-side down on the baking sheet. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake for another 15 minutes until crisp and dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on wire rack before store in an air-tight container.