2 pcs popiah skin
150g prawn meat (minced)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
½ egg white
½ tbsp pork lard
1 ½ tbsp corn flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fish sauce
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
- In a mixing bowl, add in minced prawn meat, chopped garlic, chopped young ginger, egg white, pork lard, cornflour and seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Place 1 pc of popiah skin on a working surface, spread the minced prawn meat mixture onto the popiah skin evenly.
- Top with another pc of popiah skin and smooth the surface.
- Use a toothpick to pick numerous holes at both sides.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil.
- Pan-fry the shrimp cake on medium heat until crispy and lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Cut into 8 equal slices and arrange neatly on a serving platter. Serve with Thai chilli sauce.