Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
8 pcs (916g) chicken wings (cut each into 2 pieces and discard tip)
¼ cup pumpkin seeds (toasted)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup potato flour
½ tsp baking powder
Honey Butter Sauce:
50g unsalted butter
1 tbsp chopped garlic
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp honey
- Rinse the chicken pieces, drained and pat-dry with paper towel.
- Marinade the chicken pieces with ground black pepper and salt.
- Add in eggs, all-purpose flour, potato flour and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the coated chicken pieces on batches until crunchy. Turning occasionally for even browning. Remove and drained.
- Heat up the cooking oil again. Double fry the chicken pieces again on batches until golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet. Add in unsalted butter and chopped garlic, saute the garlic on medium heat until fragrant and crispy.
- Add in light brown sugar, soy sauce and honey. Constantly stirring until the sugar dissolved.
- Add the deep-fried chicken pieces and toasted pumpkin seeds. Toss well.
- Serve hot.