Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
1 no x 1kg flatfish (cleaned and cut into pieces)
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 stalks spring onion (chopped)
1 tsp salt
½ cup potato starch
Seasonings: (mixed well)
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
2 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp Korean hot pepper flakes
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse the flatfish pieces. Drained and pat-dry with paper towel.
- Marinate the flatfish pieces with salt and set aside.
- Coat the marinated flatfish evenly with potato starch and set aside.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for pan-frying in a non-stick skillet. Pan-fry the coated flatfish pieces in batches until crispy and golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute chopped garlic until crispy and golden brown.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in chopped spring onion (leave 1 tbsp for garnishing). Turn off heat.
- Add in pan-fried flatfish pieces, toss to coat.
- Dish out to a serving platter. Garnish with chopped spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.