Tested Recipe Adapted from Chef Korn’s Thai@Home
12 prawn (shelled and deveined)
300g fresh squid (score the flesh of squid in a criss cross pattern and cut into pieces of about 2×2 inches)
500g flat noodle
200g kale / Hong Kong kai lan (washed, peeled off old leaves and the tough skin, cut into pieces of 1 inch in length)
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
4 tbsp cooking oil
4 ½ cups water
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp bean paste (tauchu)
1/3 cup corn flour
½ tsp white pepper powder
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok over medium heat, add flat noodles, and stir well.
- Add dark soy sauce, thoroughly mixed. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the noodle is slightly crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok over medium heat, fry garlic until fragrant, add prawns and squid, stir well. Add bean paste and 4 cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to boil again, add kale. After adding in kale, mix corn flour with ½ cup of water and pour into the wok slowly, a few drops at a time until the gravy thickens, stir well and turn off heat.
- Place the flat noodles in a serving dish, top with the thick seafood gravy. Sprinkle with pepper powder. Serve.