180g boneless & skinless chicken breast
70g bean sprouts (cleaned)
115g shredded cucumber
40g shredded carrot
1 red chilli (seeded and shredded)
1 stalk cilantro (chopped)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
¼ cup roasted peanuts (coarsely chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in chicken breast. Continue to simmer until cooked. Remove, leave to cool completely. Shredded and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil on low heat. Saute the chopped garlic until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place bean sprouts in a bowl. Pour some boiling water to quick blanch the bean sprouts. Drained and set aside.
- Add somen into the pot of boiling water. Continue to simmer until just cooked. Remove, rinse with cold water and drained. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Put on a disposable glove. Add the fried garlic oil together with the somen. Toss well.
- In a small bowl, add in all the seasonings ingredients. Stir until the sugar dissolved and pour it in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the shredded chicken. Toss well.
- Follow by shredded carrot, cucumber and red chilli. Toss well.
- Lastly, add in the chopped cilantro and coarsely chopped roasted peanuts. Toss well.
- Dish out to a serving bowl. Serve.