300g ground pork
120g chopped water chestnut
20g chopped spring onion
1 large egg
1/3 cup bread crumbs
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 pc red fermented bean curd
- Add ground pork and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add in chopped water chestnut, spring onion, egg and bread crumbs. Mix to combine.
- Take about 1 ½ tbsp of mixture and shape into balls. Repeat the steps until all the ingredients has been used up.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Turn to medium heat. Deep-fry the meatballs in batches until golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Serve with lettuce and chilli sauce.