900g chicken pieces
4 pcs kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
2 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
2 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
6 shallots (peeled)
3 cloves garlic (peeled)
2-inch young ginger
2 stalk lemongrass (white part only)
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken pieces with paper towel.
- In a bowl, add in kaffir lime leaves, meat curry powder, chilli powder, salt and blended ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Marinate the chicken pieces together with the spices and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the marinated chicken pieces from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking time.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the chicken pieces on medium high heat until golden brown. Flipping occasionally for even browning. Remove, drained and transfer to a serving platter. Serve hot.