250g rice cake (stick type) (soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained)
1 pkt instant ramen
135g fish balls
65g fish cake (sliced diagonally)
3 stalks spring onion (sectioned)
10g peeled anchovy
5g dried kelp
4 tbsp gochujang
1 tbsp hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp sugar
2 hard-boiled eggs (shelled and sliced)
¼ cup shredded spring onion
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse the peeled anchovy and dried kelp. Add the peeled anchovy, dried kelp and 1000ml of water into a pot. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer until the water reduce to around 750ml.
- Strain the anchovy stock into a large cast iron skillet.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in rice cake and spring onion. Turn heat to medium high and continue to simmer and stirring occasionally until the rice cake turn soft.
- Push the rice cake to a side. Add in fish balls, fish cake and instant ramen. Continue to simmer until the ramen are just cooked.
- Remove from stove, garnish with sliced hard-boiled eggs, shredded spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve immediately.