950g chicken pieces
3 stalk lemongrass (white part only, chopped)
3 red bird’s eye chilli (chopped)
4 kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
2 tbsp tom yam paste
30g unsalted butter
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
1 ½ tbsp corn flour
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken pieces with paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with marinade ingredients and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying.
- Pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces on medium high heat until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with unsalted butter, saute the chopped lemongrass, bird’s eye chillies and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
- Add in tom yam paste. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces, toss well.
- Dish out and serve.