456g skinless & boneless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
50g cashew nuts
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
1 big onion (peeled and cut into wedges)
6 dried chillies (seeded, sectioned)
1-inch young ginger (sliced)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Adequate cooking oil
½ cup corn starch
Seasonings: (mixed well)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tsp corn starch
¼ cup water
- Marinate the chicken pieces with corn starch and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying.
- Add in cashew nuts. Constantly stirring on medium-high heat until golden brown. Remove, drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil. Set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet.
- Add in Sichuan peppercorn, saute on low heat until the peppercorn become dark brown color. Discard the peppercorn.
- Use the peppercorn infused oil to saute the big onion, dried chillies, young ginger and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces, toss to coat.
- Dish out to a serving bowl. Garnish with cashew nuts. Serve.