850g chicken pieces
4 stalk lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
2 pieces tamarind slice
Adequate cooking oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 big onion (peeled)
6 shallots (peeled)
4 cloves garlic (peeled)
2-inch young ginger
10 dried chilli (soaked)
1 tsp sugar
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken pieces with paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying.
- Add in marinated chicken pieces and pan-fried until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Leave 3 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet.
- Add in blended spices, flattened lemongrass and tamarind slice. Saute until fragrant.
- Season with sugar.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces, constantly stirring until dried and fragrant when the spice paste absorb into the chicken pieces.
- Dish out and serve.