1 no x 1.6kg pork knuckle (chopped into pieces)
1 can x 330ml coca-cola
2 stalk spring onion (sectioned)
2 big onion (peeled and cut into wedges)
2-inch young ginger (sliced)
2 red chilli (cut into wedges)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp cooking caramel
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
½ tsp ground white pepper
- Scald pork knuckle pieces with boiling water. Rinse with cold water and drained.
- Heat up a pot with 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Saute spring onion, big onion, young ginger and red chilli until fragrant.
- Add in pork knuckle pieces, coca-cola, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, stirring occasionally and continue to simmer until the pork knuckle become tender and the sauce become thicken.
- Dish out, garnish with cilantro. Serve.