1 no x 345g eggplant (cut into strips)
2 tbsp baby dried shrimps (rinsed and drained)
1 red chilli (chopped)
2 red bird’s eye chillies (chopped)
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup water
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and water. Whisk to combine to become a smooth batter.
- Add in eggplant, toss to coat.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the eggplant until lightly golden. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the baby dried shrimps and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in chopped red chilli and red bird’s eye chilli. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and deep-fried eggplant. Stir to combine.
- Add in chopped spring onion, toss well.
- Dish out and serve.