1 no x 1.6kg whole chicken (cut into pieces)
1 big onion (peeled and cut into ring)
6 tbsp chilli boh
4 tbsp tomato puree
6 tbsp chilli sauce
4 tbsp tomato sauce
4 stalk lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup water
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
1 tsp salt
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 big onion (peeled)
2-inch young ginger
6 cloves garlic (peeled)
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
Some Chinese celery
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fried the chicken pieces until lightly brown on all sides. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Leave 3 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet, add in blended ingredients, lemongrass, chilli boh and spices. Saute until fragrant and oil separates.
- Add in tomato puree, chilli sauce and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces and water. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer until sauce become thickens.
- Add in onion rings, evaporated milk and seasonings. Simmer until sauce become thickens.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with some Chinese celery. Serve.