1.2kg chicken pieces
6 nos calamansi (juiced)
2 stalk lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
3 pieces kaffir lime leaves (cut into pieces)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2/3 cup water
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp salt
8 red chillies
2 red bird’s eye chillies
6 shallots (peeled)
4 cloves garlic (peeled)
2 stalk lemongrass (white part only)
1-inch young ginger
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
Red bird’s eye chillies
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying.
- Pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces until lightly golden on all sides. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Leave 3 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the blended ingredients, flattened lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces, water and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer until the sauce become thicken.
- Add in seasonings and calamansi juice. Stir to combine.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with some cilantro leaves, calamansi and red bird’s eye chillies. Serve.