350g skinless & boneless chicken breast (cut into strips)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
½ cup potato starch
1 tsp marmite
1 tbsp maltose
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tsp cooking caramel
¼ tsp chicken seasoning powder
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ cup water
½ tsp corn flour mixed with 1 tsp water
Some lettuce leaves and toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken strips with paper towel.
- Add chicken strips, egg and potato starch into a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying.
- Pan-fry the coated chicken strips until lightly golden. Remove and drained.
- Heat up the cooking oil again, double-fry the chicken strips until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Leave 1 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet, saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Thicken the sauce with corn starch solutions.
- Add in double-fried chicken strips, toss to coat until all sauce has been absorbed.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with some lettuce leaves and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.