Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Ricky Ng
400g small eggplants
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
Ingredients B: (blended)
6 cloves garlic
1 tbsp toasted belacan
15g young ginger
6 red chillies
1 tbsp tamarind juice
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp water
Some fried shallot, chopped spring onion and sliced red chilli
- Cut eggplants lengthwise into half.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fry eggplants till soft and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and ingredients B and stir-fry till fragrant.
- Pour sambal over pan-fried eggplants.
- Garnish with some fried shallot, chopped spring onion and sliced red chilli. Serve.