1 pc x 415g cod fillet
1-inch young ginger (sliced)
¼ tsp ground white pepper
¼ cup chopped garlic
¼ cup cooking oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
Some shredded spring onion
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the cod fillet with paper towel.
- Marinate the cod fillet with ground white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with ¼ cup of cooking oil. Saute the chopped garlic on medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the seasonings into the skillet and bring to a boil. Remove and set aside.
- Place the sliced young ginger on the centre of a steaming plate.
- Top with marinated cod fillet and steamed at preheated steamer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the steaming plate from the steamer. Discard the water and young ginger.
- Transfer the steamed cod fillet on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with seasonings, top with crispy garlic, garnish with shredded spring onion. Serve.