450g pork belly (thinly sliced)
Pajeori (Spring Onion Salad):
2 cups shredded spring onion
1 ½ tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
½ tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
½ tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp gochugaru (hot pepper flakes)
Ssamjang (Doenjang & Gochujang Dipping Sauce):
2 tbsp doenjang
2 tbsp gochujang
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
Some lettuce leaves
1 Japanese cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
1 carrot (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
1 big onion (cut into ring)
1 whole garlic (peeled and sliced)
- Pajeori (Spring Onion Salad):
- Soak the shredded spring onion in cold water. Rinse and drain.
- Combine light soy sauce, sugar, toasted white sesame seeds and hot pepper flakes in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Ssamjang (Doenjang & Gochujang Dipping Sauce):
- Combine doenjang, gochujang, chopped spring onion, garlic, sugar, toasted white sesame seeds and extra virgin sesame oil in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat up the grill plate. Put a little sesame oil on the hot plate for flavour.
- Cover the grill plate with pork belly. Grill them and turn them over when the bottoms get a little crispy. Keep cooking and turning them over until both sides are crispy. Remove and set aside to let it cool a bit.
- Cover the grill plate with onion ring and sliced garlic. Grill them and turn them over when the bottoms are lightly brown. Keep cooking and turning them over until both sides are lightly brown. Remove and set aside to let it cool a bit.
- Place a piece of lettuce on a serving platter, top with grilled pork belly, onion ring, sliced garlic, Japanese cucumber and carrot. Serve with spring onion salad and ssamjang.