300g wheat noodles
200g pork belly (cut into ½-inch pieces)
150g big onion (diced)
160g white radish (cut into ½-inch pieces)
210g potatoes (cut into ½-inch pieces)
135g zucchini (cut into ½-inch pieces)
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
2 cups water
Black Bean Sauce:
2 tbsp fermented black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
½ cup water
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp cooking caramel
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp corn starch
2 tbsp cooking oil
Thickener: (mixed well)
2 tbsp potato starch
¼ cup water
½ cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- In a bowl, add in water, concentrated chicken stock, light soy sauce, cooking caramel, Chinese cooking wine, sugar and corn starch. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat up a saucepan with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute chopped garlic and fermented black beans until fragrant.
- Add in the seasonings prepared in step 1, bring to a boil and continue to simmer until the sauce become thicken. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the pork belly until crispy and golden brown.
- Add in white radish, lightly saute.
- Add in big onion, potato and zucchini, lightly saute.
- Add in the black bean sauce prepared in step 3 and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Continue to simmer until the potato and radish turn soft.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Add in extra virgin sesame oil. Stir to combine. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in wheat noodles and continue to simmer until cooked. Remove, drained and separate into individual serving bowls.
- Top with adequate of the black bean sauce together with the ingredients. Garnish with cucumber. Serve.