3 nos saury (cleaned, discard the heads and cut each into 4 pieces)
150g white radish (sliced)
1 big onion (peeled and sliced)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
1 red chilli (sliced diagonally)
1 green chilli (sliced diagonally)
2 stalk spring onion (sectioned)
Adequate cooking oil
¼ tsp salt
Seasonings: (mixed well)
2 tbsp hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp gochujang
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 cup water
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the saury pieces with paper towel.
- Marinate the saury pieces with salt and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fry the marinated saury pieces until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the big onion, chopped garlic and young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in white radish and pan-fried saury. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer until the radish turn soft and sauce become thickens.
- Add in spring onion, sliced red and green chillies. Stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve.