250g bread flour
25g cake flour
15g full cream milk powder
40g caster sugar
½ tsp salt
5g instant dried yeast
80ml full cream milk
40g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
1 egg (whisked for egg wash)
- In a small bowl, add in instant dried yeast and water. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, cake flour, full crema milk powder, caster sugar and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Create a well at the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture, follow by full cream milk. Knead to a rough dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface, continue to knead until well incorporated.
- Add in soften unsalted butter, knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a large bowl and leave it in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the oven, deflate it and divide into 10 equal portion, i.e. 52g each.
- Shape each dough into a ball and place on a lined baking sheet 2-inches apart from each other.
- Place the baking sheet in the cold oven again for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and preheat the oven at 180C.
- Brush egg wash on top and sides of each dough and bake at preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on wire rack.