Ingredients: (yield 45 pieces)
75g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
25g cream cheese
18g icing sugar
38ml whipping cream
1 egg yolk
125g all-purpose flour
13g corn flour
25g grated parmesan cheese
Egg wash: (mixed well)
1 egg yolk
½ tbsp full cream milk
A pinch of salt
270g homemade pineapple jam
Homemade pineapple jam: (yield 360g)
720g pineapple flesh (blended)
1-inch cinnamon stick
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium high-heat. Add in the blended pineapple and cinnamon stick. Continue to simmer and stirring occasionally until the pineapple paste become thickens.
- Add in sugar, continue to simmer and stirring occasionally until the jam become thickens.
- Increase to high heat. Don’t stir and let the base take on some colour. It will caramelize the jam. Stir once a while to check on the colour. Stop when it almost reaches your preferred colour. Remove and leave to cool completely before kept in the fridge for later use. I’ve prepared the pineapple jam a day before making the pineapple rolls.
- In a mixing bowl, add in soften unsalted butter, cream cheese and icing sugar. Beat until combine.
- Add in whipping cream. Beat until combine.
- Add in egg yolk. Beat until combine.
- Add in all-purpose flour and cornflour. Beat until combine.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese. Beat until combine.
- Remove the dough and chilled in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the pineapple jam to 45 portions, i.e. 6g each and shape into balls.
- Place the dough into a cookie pump with desired design spout. Pump out the dough into a long strip. Place a pineapple jam ball at one end of the strip and roll up the pastry just enough to enclose the filling. Cut off the excess strip. Place pineapple roll on a lined baking sheet and repeat the process until used up of all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Brush the pineapple rolls with egg wash and bake at preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and leave to cool completely before storing the cheesy pineapple rolls in the air-tight container.