300g eggplant (cut into section and slice into half)
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Place eggplant at the steaming rack of a preheated steamer and steam for 5 minutes. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Use hand to tear the steamed eggplant into bite-sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add in chopped garlic, chopped spring onion, light soy sauce, fish sauce, hot pepper flakes, extra virgin sesame oil and toasted white sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
- Add in eggplant, toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve.