3 nos saury (cleaned, discard the heads and cut each into 4 pieces)
2 cups homemade kimchi
1 big onion (peeled and sliced)
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 red chilli (sliced diagonally)
1 green chilli (sliced diagonally)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 ½ cup water
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the saury pieces with paper towel.
- Marinate the saury pieces with salt and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fry the marinated saury pieces until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the big onion, chopped garlic and young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in kimchi, saute until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings, water and pan-fried saury. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in sliced red and green chillies. Stir to combine.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve.