1 no x 1.3kg whole chicken (cleaned and cut into pieces)
¼ cup golden raisin
1 stalk cilantro (sectioned)
2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
¼ cup water
½ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
8 shallots (peeled and sliced)
½ cup cooking oil
1 big onion (peeled)
6 shallots (peeled)
4 cloves garlic (peeled)
2-inch young ginger
5 green chillies
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp chilli sauce
5 tbsp tomato sauce
5 tbsp rempah briyani
¼ tsp salt
Shredded Chinese parsley and fried shallot
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with ½ cup of cooking oil on low heat. Deep-fry the sliced shallots until crispy and golden brown. Remove, drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil. Set aside for later use. (2 tbsp to be use for cooking and remaining to be use for garnishing)
- Use the remaining shallot oil to pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Leave ½ cup of oil in the skillet. Saute the blended ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in tomato paste, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and rempah briyani. Saute until oil separates.
- Add in fried chicken, golden raisin, cilantro, 2 tbsp of fried shallot and ¼ cup of water. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low and continue to simmer for a while.
- Add in evaporated milk. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add in tomato wedges and salt. Stir to combine and simmer for a while.
- Dish out, garnish with shredded Chinese parsley and fried shallot. Serve.