568g bok choy
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
2 tbsp doenjang (fermented soybean paste)
1 tbsp gochujang (hot pepper paste)
¼ tsp sugar
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Trim off the ends of each bunch of bok choy and separate the leaves from the stalks.
- Rinse and drained the bok choy.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Quick blanch the bok choy until tender crisp. Remove, rinse with cold water, drained and squeezed dried.
- In a mixing bowl, add in chopped garlic, spring onion, doenjang, gochujang, sugar, extra virgin sesame oil and ¾ tbsp of toasted white sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
- Add in blanched bok choy, put on a disposable glove and mix the bok choy with the seasonings until well combined.
- Transfer the seasoned bok choy on to a serving platter.
- Garnish with the remaining ¼ tbsp toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.