Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.beyondkimchee.com
1 pc x 326g salmon fillet
2 pcs canned peaches halves (cut into pieces)
1 tbsp syrup from canned peachs
1 tbsp demerara sugar
10g unsalted butter
½ tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp whole grain mustard with honey
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp grated young ginger
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Some cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place salmon fillet in a greased baking pan.
- In a small sauce pan combine unsalted butter, demerara sugar and the syrup from canned peaches. Bring the pan to medium heat and melt demerara sugar in butter and the syrup. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add light soy sauce, whole grain mustard with honey, extra virgin olive oil, grated young ginger, salt and coarsely ground black pepper to the demerara sugar mixture and mix well.
- Brush salmon with half of the mustard glaze. Put the peaches pieces to the other half of the glaze and coat them well. Spread the peaches over the salmon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the salmon from the oven and change the oven setting to broil on high. Place the rack to the top and return the salmon to the oven so that the heat source is about 4-5 inch above the salmon. Broil the salmon and the peaches for 5 minutes until the glaze sets and peaches get slightly browned.
- Serve hot over a bed of rice.