Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
230g beef tenderloin (thinly sliced)
30g sliced onion
30g shredded carrot
60g spring onion (sectioned)
30g starch noodles (dangmyeon) (soaked in cold water for 1 hour)
30g enoki mushroom
30g chrysanthemum greens (discard the root and rinse a few times)
2 cups water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp honey
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp fish sauce
1 red chilli (sliced diagonally)
- In a bowl, add in light soy sauce, chopped garlic, sugar, honey, ground black pepper and extra virgin sesame oil. Stir to combine. Add the beef slices, marinate and set aside.
- Place an earthenware pot (ttukbaegi) on the stove with 2 cups of water, salt and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add in marinated beef, onion, carrot and the spring onion. Let it cook without the lid for around 10 minutes over high heat. Stir it a few times and remove any foam from the surface with a wooden spoon.
- Add the starch noodles, stirring a few times, and cook for 1 minute. Add enoki mushrooms and chrysanthemum greens. Stir to combine. Crack an egg and put it in the center of the bubbling stew. Garnish with sliced red chilli.
- Remove from the heat and serve.