Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
320g skinless & boneless chicken breast (cubed)
158g mozzarella cheese (shredded)
52g sliced rice cake
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp hot pepper flakes
1 ½ tbsp hot pepper paste (gochujang)
2 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp chopped garlic
¾ tsp chopped young ginger
1 spring onion (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl, add in chicken pieces, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, 1 tbsp of cooking oil, ground black pepper, sugar, chopped garlic and chopped young ginger. Put on a disposable glove and use hand to mix until well combined. Transfer into a container and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Heat up an 8-inch oven safe skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Pan-fry the sliced rice cake until lightly golden on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add in marinated chicken pieces and 2 tbsp of water into the skillet. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and turn over the chicken with a wooden spoon. Add the rice cakes to the top of the chicken.
- Turn down the heat to very low. Cover and let cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake at 180C for 10 minutes or until the cheese melted.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve hot.