1 packet x 500g Baba’s Murukku mix
1 tbsp ghee
1 ¼ cup water
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
- Mix the murukku mix with ghee and water to form a pliable dough.
- Attach the one-hole murukku plate to the murukku machine.
- Fill the cup with the dough, making sure to leave about ½-inch space at the top.
- Press the murukku machine, over a lined baking sheet with silicone baking mat, in a circular pattern, and make raw murukku of desired size. Repeat the process until all ingredients has been used up.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying on medium high heat.
- Drop the raw murukkus, one by one, into the hot oil carefully and gently.
- Deep-fry in batches until both sides turn to golden brown.
- Remove the murukkus and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Leave to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.