180g beef tenderloin (sliced)
120g scallion (sectioned)
1-inch young ginger (shredded)
1 red chilli (sliced diagonally)
4 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp water
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp egg white
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp water
2 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
¼ tsp corn starch mixed with 1 tsp of water
- Marinate the beef slices with marinade ingredients and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add in 1 tbsp of cooking oil into the marinated beef slices. Mix to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 3 tbsp of cooking oil on high heat.
- Add in marinated beef slices, stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Turn heat to low, use the remaining oil to saute the scallion, shredded young ginger and sliced red chilli until fragrant.
- Add in light soy sauce and water and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to high, add in beef slices, do a quick stir.
- Thicken the sauce with corn starch solution.
- Add in extra virgin sesame oil. Stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve.