10 large prawns (shelled, deveined and diced)
5 scallops (diced)
6 stalks scallion (cut into 4-inch length)
1 red chilli (seeded and shredded)
1 green chilli (seeded and shredded)
1 tsp finely minced garlic
1 tsp finely minced young ginger
4 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp potato starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 ½ cup ice water
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
Dipping sauce: (mixed well)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp water
½ tsp sugar
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Rinse and drained the diced prawns and scallops, use paper towel to pat-dry and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all-purpose flour, glutinous rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, salt, ground white pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add in ice water and beaten eggs, lightly mix.
- Add in prawn, scallop, scallion, red and green chillies, minced garlic and young ginger. Mix to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick large skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil on medium heat.
- Ladle the mixture into the pan and spread it evenly into a thin round shape.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly golden and turn it over, adding 2 more tbsp of cooking oil, press it down with a spatula, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove, serve hot with dipping sauce.